Story, Pauline B, Ring down the curtain, I can't sing tonight! , [1902?]
Ring down the curtain, I can't sing tonight! / words by Robt. H. Brennen ; music by Pauline B. Story.
- [England?] : [s.n.], [1902?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (4 p.) : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1 .H6+ v. 1 no. 44 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Celia Hopkinson in memory of her father Frederick Herbert Dawson and grandmother Plessy DawsonView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- "I chose the 16th. century text for visual reasons. It is an anonymous manuscript from the Samuel Pepys library, Oxford. It is printed from circuit board film on a copper plate onto marbled paper. ... The front cover is embossed with blocking foil from an etching plate. The elastic is a gesture to hold the pages in place as recipe books never stay open on the right page."--Artist's statement.
First line of text: One ev'ning into a theatre
First line of chorus: Ring down the curtain, I can't sing tonight!
- Subject Terms:
- Children -- Death -- Songs and music.Popular music -- 1901-1910.Songs with piano.
- Sheet music.
Lithographs -- 1902.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.