I'se a-waitin' for yer, Josie / written by Fred W. Leigh ; composed by Henry E. Pether ; sung by G.H. Elliott.
- London : Francis, Day & Hunter, c1903.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (, 4,  p.) ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1 .H6+ v. 2 no. 14 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Celia Hopkinson in memory of her father Frederick Herbert Dawson and grandmother Plessy DawsonView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- Song for voice and piano.
First line of text: Twas a June afternoon.
First line of chorus: I'se a waitin' waitin' waitin' for yer, Josie.
Pictorial title page lithographed by Sidney Kent.
Publisher's advertisements on p.  and .
Words and melody printed separately inside back cover.
Printed by Henderson and Spalding.
- Subject Terms:
- Black people -- Music.Humerous songs.Love songs.Popular music -- 1901-1910.Songs with piano.
- Sheet music.
Publisher's advertisements -- England -- London -- 1903.
Lithographs -- 1903.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.