The lads in navy blue / words & music by Harry Dacre.
- London : F. Dean & Co. ; c1899.
New York : Jos. W. Stern, c1899.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score (, 4,  p.) : col. ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1 .H6+ v. 2 no. 19 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Celia Hopkinson in memory of her father Frederick Herbert Dawson and grandmother Plessy DawsonView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- First line: Sing a song in praise of Jack the sailor.
First line of chorus: It is the Navy, the British Navy, that keep our foes at bay.
"The sum of one hundred pounds has been sent to the Daily Telegraph war fund, being the profits realized on the first five thousand copies."
Chromolithographed illustration of a sailor and naval scene on title page.
Publisher's no.: 516.
- Subject Terms:
- F. Dean & Co. -- Publisher.Songs (Medium voice) with piano.South African War, 1899-1902 -- Songs and music.
- Sheet music.
Chromolithographs -- 1899.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.