Riding on top of the car / written by Fred W. Leigh & V.P. Bryan ; composed by Harry Von Tilzer ; sung by George Lashwood.
- London : Francis, Day & Hunter, 1905.
- Physical Description:
- 1 score ( p.) : port. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1 .H6+ v. 2 no. 31 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Celia Hopkinson in memory of her father Frederick Herbert Dawson and grandmother Plessy DawsonAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Music (printed)
- Song for voice and piano.
First line: Some people declare that a quiet country lane.
First line of chorus: Then we go go go fo a ride on the car.
Photographic reproduction of portrait of George Lashwood on title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Courtship -- Songs and music.Electric railroads -- Cars -- Songs and music.Popular music -- 1901-1910.Songs with piano.
- Sheet music.
Photomechanical prints -- 1905.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.