S. Stockwell underground map [cartographic material].
- Additional Title(s):
- [London] : [London Transport Museum], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : red embroidery on white and red cotton cloth ; 40 x 40 cm, folded to 20 x 20 cm + 1 box (24 x 24 x 2 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5754.L7 S76 2012 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- "Originally made for the 'Mind the map' exhibition at the London Transport Museum, based on a work, 'Stitched Subway-London' made while on a British Council Fellowship in Taipei, Taiwan 2007."--Artist's website.
"100% cotton lawn, printed in London. Hand finished and hand embroidered in the artist's studio. Edition of 500."--Certificate of authenticity.
Title from "certificate of authenticity" enclosed with the map.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original white presentation box. Printed on lid in red "Susan Stockwell" signature and "London Transport Museum" with logo. Includes certificate of authenticity, signed by artist, dated 16th May 2012.
Map of the London underground embroidered in red thread on white cotton lawn. Grid in red on white background with red border. Specially commissioned limited edition for the London Transport Museum.
- Subject Terms:
- London Underground Limited.Subways -- England -- London -- Maps.Subways -- England -- London Metroplitan Area -- Maps.
- Maps -- England -- London.
Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.