IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Camp Elloughton, 1925, 
Camp Elloughton, 1925.
- [Elloughton, Yorkshire] : [s.n.], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 album (11 photographs, 1 drawing) ; 85 x 142 mm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHS3365.G74 G5 1925Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Bound in contemporary black pebble-grain cloth. Gilt-stamped on upper cover: Photex expanding album.
Small album featuring photographs of Girl Guides at Camp Elloughton (Yorkshire), 1925. The 11 photographs and the title page (illustrated in pen and black ink) are all mounted to the plain black paper leaves of the album. The photographs depict a troop of up to 14 adolescent girls, with an older troop leader. The guides are in full uniform throughout.
The photographs are all generally posed group-portraits. They show the troop in the midst of various activities, including: hiking; playing a ball sport; dining and washing dishes; huddled in a small dry-docked boat; and hand crafts.
- Subject Terms:
- Girl Guides -- Great Britain.Girls -- Great Britain -- Societies and clubs.Yorkshire (England) -- Social life and customs.
Gelatin silver prints.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.