Stanford's half-inch map of the battle front between the Somme and Soissons.
- Additional Title(s):
Map of the battle front between the Somme and Soissons
- [London] : Edward Stanford Ltd., 1917.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 50 x 62, folded to 19 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5831.S65 S83 1917Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale 1:126,720 -- (E 2°24ʹ0ʺ--E 3°26ʹ0ʺ/N 49°51ʹ0ʺ--N 49°19ʹ0ʺ).
- Relief shown as gradient tints.
Shows: roads, railways, canals, woods, battle front.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth, with printed title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- Maps.Soissons (France) -- Maps.Somme (France) -- Maps.Somme, 1st Battle of the, France, 1916 -- Maps.Somme, 2nd Battle of the, France, 1918 -- Maps.World War, 1914-1918 -- Battlefields -- France -- Somme -- Maps.World War, 1914-1918 -- France -- Maps.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Stanford Ltd, Stanford's half-inch map of the battle front between the Somme and Soissons, 1917
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.