Cut-paper doily, approximately 1820
- Cut-paper doily.
- Great Britain, approximately 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut-paper work ; 23 x 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNAAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Intricate cut-paper work in the form of a doily, featuring botanical designs, fashioned from a square sheet of plain white paper. To make the cuts, the sheet was folded in eighths, on a radial plan, so that the finished (unfolded) work bears a radial symmetry. The repeated flower designs may depict a stylized poppy. The work is unsigned but was probably produced in Great Britain, circa 1820.
- Subject Terms:
- Paper work -- Specimens.Poppies.
- Cut-paper works.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.