In the Field : the art of field recording / Cathy Lane & Angus Carlyle.
- Devon : Uniformbooks, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- , 7-236 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML158 .L36 2013Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "This is a collection of interviews with contemporary sound artists who use field recordings their work. From its early origins in wildlife sound and in ethnographic research, field recording has expanded over the last few decades into a diverse range of practices which explore and investigate aspects of the lived environment, from the microscopic to the panoramic, through the medium of recorded sound. These conversations explore the fundamental issues that underlie the development of field recording as the core of their activity. Recurring themes include early motivations, aesthetics preferences, the audible presence of the recordist and the nature of the field. Contains conversations with Manuela Barile, Angus Carlyle, Budhaditya Chattopadhyay, Viv Corringham, Peter Cusack, Steven Feld, Felicity Ford, Jez riley French, Antye Greie, Christina Kubisch, Cathy Lane, Francisco López, Annea Lockwood, Andrea Polli, Ian Rawes, Lasse-Marc Riek, Hiroki Sasajima, Davide Tidoni, Hildegard Westerkamp and Jana Winderen."--Dust jacket blurb.
- Subject Terms:
- Computer music.Field recordings.Nature sounds -- Recording and reproducing.Sound -- Recording and reproducing.Sound in art.Soundscapes (Music)Uniformbooks -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.