Adhesives and consolidants in painting conservation , 2012
Adhesives and consolidants in painting conservation / edited by Angelina Barros D'Sa ... [et al.].
- London : Archetype Publications, in association with the ICON Paintings Group, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 99 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1640 A28 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ten of twelve papers presented at a conference organized by the ICON Paintings Group, held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, in May 2011. Cf. foreword.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Subject Terms:
- Adhesives -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.
- Setting the scene : considerations and decision making for planning and undertaking treatments / Velson Horie
- A look at the structural requirements of consolidation adhesives for easel paintings / Marion F. Mecklenburg, Laura Fuster López and Silvia Ottolini
- The glass transition temperature of adhesives : preliminary guidelines for canvas painting treatments / Christina Young
- Lining with a fixed interleaf : a case study in the structural effects of paper interleaf and adhesives / Cecil Krarup Andersen and Ingelise Nielsen
- Teaching adhesive principles to conservation students : sine scientia ars nihil est - without knowledge, skill is nothing / Kate Seymour
- Evaluation of funori stability in preparation methods / Ting-Fu Fan
- Conservation of objects for the 'Arts of Thailand' display at the V & A : case study examining the complex treatment of two panel paintings depicting scenes from the last ten of the Buddha's former lives or Jatakas (Thai Thotsachat) / Sophie Reddington and Mike Wheeler
- Facing adhesives for size-tempera painted wood : results of a research internship for Historic scotland / Chantal-Helen Thuer
- Coming unstuck! : the approach to the treatment of a recurrently flaking baroque ceiling painting / Zoe Roberts and John Burbidge
- Development of a gluing jig for use with small panels / Fabio Mazzochini.