Adhesives and consolidants in painting conservation , 2012
- Adhesives and consolidants in painting conservation / edited by Angelina Barros D'Sa ... [et al.].
- London : Archetype Publications, in association with the ICON Paintings Group, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 99 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1640 A28 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Ten of twelve papers presented at a conference organized by the ICON Paintings Group, held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, in May 2011. Cf. foreword.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Setting the scene : considerations and decision making for planning and undertaking treatments / Velson Horie -- A look at the structural requirements of consolidation adhesives for easel paintings / Marion F. Mecklenburg, Laura Fuster López and Silvia Ottolini -- The glass transition temperature of adhesives : preliminary guidelines for canvas painting treatments / Christina Young -- Lining with a fixed interleaf : a case study in the structural effects of paper interleaf and adhesives / Cecil Krarup Andersen and Ingelise Nielsen -- Teaching adhesive principles to conservation students : sine scientia ars nihil est - without knowledge, skill is nothing / Kate Seymour -- Evaluation of funori stability in preparation methods / Ting-Fu Fan -- Conservation of objects for the 'Arts of Thailand' display at the V & A : case study examining the complex treatment of two panel paintings depicting scenes from the last ten of the Buddha's former lives or Jatakas (Thai Thotsachat) / Sophie Reddington and Mike Wheeler -- Facing adhesives for size-tempera painted wood : results of a research internship for Historic scotland / Chantal-Helen Thuer -- Coming unstuck! : the approach to the treatment of a recurrently flaking baroque ceiling painting / Zoe Roberts and John Burbidge -- Development of a gluing jig for use with small panels / Fabio Mazzochini.
- Subject Terms:
- Adhesives -- Congresses.Painting -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.