Pointon, Marcia R, Portrayal and the search for identity , c2013
Portrayal and the search for identity / Marcia Pointon.
- London : Reaktion, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- 272 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7575 .P6452 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 258-262) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Identity (Psychology) in art.Portraits.
- Portrait, fact and fiction
- Slavery and the possibilities of portraiture
- Adolescence, sexuality and colour in portraiture: Sir Thomas Lawrence
- Accessories in portraits: stockings, buttons and the constructs of masculinity in the eighteenth century
- The skull in the studio.