IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pointon, Marcia R, Portrayal and the search for identity , c2013
Portrayal and the search for identity / Marcia Pointon.
- London : Reaktion, c2013.
- Physical Description:
- 272 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7575 .P6452 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 258-262) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Identity (Psychology) in art.Portraits.
- Portrait, fact and fiction
- Slavery and the possibilities of portraiture
- Adolescence, sexuality and colour in portraiture: Sir Thomas Lawrence
- Accessories in portraits: stockings, buttons and the constructs of masculinity in the eighteenth century
- The skull in the studio.