Ray, Romita, Under the banyan tree , 
Under the banyan tree : relocating the picturesque in British India / Romita Ray.
- New Haven : Published for the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British art by Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 360 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN8214.5.I5 R39 2013 (LC) ;Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 312-348) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- Themes, motives.India -- In art.Picturesque, The, in art.
- Along the water's edge
- A cup of tea in a veil of mist
- A grove in the banyan
- Imperial phantoms
- Tusks of empire.