Cockburn, Julie, [Flower book , 
- [Flower book : white tree rose].
- [England] : [Julie Cockburn], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut-paper work ; 20 x 26 x 7 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C63 F56 2005 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- An altered book created from The Faber book of twentieth-century verse (London : Faber and Faber, 1975). The "rose" is formed by the artist's cutting and manipulating of the leaves of the book, from pages 59 to 186, creating a many-petaled rose, in full bloom, emanating from the left-hand side of the book (when opened to pages 186-187). On page 187 (opposite the rose) is the poem "Now she is like a white tree-rose" by Cecil Day Lewis.
Unique work, initialed and dated by Cockburn in graphite.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 105
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Roses -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.