Thirty-two etchings of cattle, &c. &c. / by Thomas Harvey, Esq. ; not published.
- Additional Title(s):
Harvey's Etchings of cattle
Etchings of cattle
- [Great Britain?] : [Thomas Harvey?], [approximately 1811?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaf,  leaves of plates : chiefly illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF198.H37 T45 1811+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The original front flyleaf of this copy is inscribed by Dawson Turner, who writes that 'only 12 copies of this book were ever printed.' Despite the title, most of the etchings are on sporting themes, but only seven of them have horses as their subject."--Podeschi, in reference to the copy at the Yale Center for British Art.
32 plates of etchings, 22 of which are softground and one of which is an aquatint. Some of the plates are signed "TH".
Spine title: Harvey's Etchings of cattle.
Date from Podeschi.
Podeschi, J. Horse and horsemanship, 97
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in white quarter boards and pale blue board covers; with original printed spine label. Inscribed: To Andrew Fountaine Esq with Mr. Dawson Turners respects: Only 12 copies of this book were ever printed D.T.
- Subject Terms:
- Cattle -- Pictorial works.Dogs -- Pictorial works.Fountaine, Andrew -- Pres. insc. from Mr. Dawson Turners.Horses -- Pictorial works.Turners, Dawson -- Pres. insc. to Andrew Fountaine.
- Aquatints -- 1811.
Etchings -- 1811.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1811.
YCBA Collections Search
Harvey, Thomas, 1748-1820, Thirty-two etchings of cattle, &c. &c. , [approximately 1811?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.