Stock wine & spirit labels : beer labels & straps : specimen pages of price lists.
- Additional Title(s):
Stock wine and spirit labels
- London : Thomas Bean & Son, chromo-lithographers & letterpress printers, Phoenix Works, 67, Golden Lane, [approximately 1900]
- Physical Description:
- 34,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTP548.5.L32 T46 1900+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- There is little record of the firm of Thomas Bean & Son. The company appears to have worked closely with local government in Finsbury, and published a number of educational and public health reports.
Issued in gray illustrated wrappers, with silk hanging loop at head of spine.
"Terms. Labels quoted in this list sent post or carriage free for cash with order. Not less than 100 labels of any name can be supplied ... When ordering, please quote numbers. Do not tear the book."--Page 3.
Trade catalog, highlighting a selection of spirit and wine labels available for supply, making full use of the chromolithography, with many labels incorporating gilt designs. Two full-page illustrations (pages 2 and 35) depict the firm in operation, with views of the machine room and the compositors in action.
- Subject Terms:
- Chromolithography -- Great Britain.Commercial art -- Great Britain.Labels -- Catalogs.Liquors -- Packaging -- Catalogs.Printers -- England -- London.Thomas Bean & Son, (Printers) -- Catalogs.Wine labels -- Catalogs.
- Sample books.
Chromolithographs -- 1900.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Bean & Son, (Printers), Stock wine & spirit labels , [approximately 1900]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.