Tompkin, Miss, [Sketchbook of views of the Isle of Wight], [1874-1880]
[Sketchbook of views of the Isle of Wight]
- [Isle of Wight] , [1874-1880]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sketchbook (20 drawings) ; 14 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process DA670.W6 T66 1874Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Bound in contemporary dark green quarter roan and green pebbled cloth sketching book, with a holder for a pencil.
Sketchbook by a "Miss Tompkin" containing 20 drawings in graphite, mostly of views on the Isle of Wight. The drawings are of amateur quality, and no doubt record summer excursions to the Island. The views include: The Arbour, St Andrews Gardens, 20th June 1874; The Little Cottage, St Andrews Gardens, 20th June 1874; Bridge to the Spa, St Andrews Gardens, 1874; St Andrews Gardens 1874, sign and path; Fairlight Church, 17th July 1874; Crag Rock Fresh Water Bay, 1880; Bathing Hut on Wheels, Fresh Water Bay; The Needles, Fresh Water Bay, 1880.
- Subject Terms:
- Isle of Wight (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Graphite drawings.
Travel sketches -- England -- Isle of Wight.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.