Young, Patricia, (Nurse), Album of photographs, autographs, and notes compiled by Patricia Young, nurse of the Volunteer Aid Detachment, 1914-1917
- Album of photographs, autographs, and notes compiled by Patricia Young, nurse of the Volunteer Aid Detachment.
- Dumfries, Scotland, 1914-1917.
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume ; 12 x 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process D640.Y68 A43 1914Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Autograph album, with numerous notes and photographs, compiled by Patricia Young, nurse of the Volunteer Aid Detachments, while she was stationed at a Red Cross Hospital in Dumfries, Scotland, 1914-1917. The album comprises 33 double pages, documenting over 350 wounded soldiers who received care under Young. Regiments listed include Lincolns, Royal Irish Rifles, 1st Lancers, Liverpool Scottish, Lancashire Yeo, Connaught Rangers, South Staffordshire Regt, HLI, Worcestershire Regt, Royal Scots, RAMC, A &SH, Black Watch, KOSB, AVC, and more.
- Subject Terms:
- Military nursing -- Great Britain.Nurses -- Great Britain.Voluntary Aid Detachment (Great Britain)World War, 1914-1918 -- Hospitals -- Great Britain.World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- Great Britain.World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, British.Young, Patricia, (Nurse)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.