Anglo-American : artistic exchange between Britain and the USA / edited by David Peters Corbett and Sarah Monks.
- Additional Title(s):
Artistic exchange between Britain and the USA
- Chichester, West Sussex, U.K. ; John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
Malden, MA : John Wiley & Sons, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 264 p. : chiefly col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN72.N38 A54 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- "Originally published as Volume 34, Issue 4 of Art History"--T.p. verso
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, American -- Themes, motives.Art, British -- Themes, motives.Nationalism and art -- Great Britain.Nationalism and art -- United States.
- Anglo-American: artistic exchange between Britain and the USA / David Peters Corbett and Sarah Monks
- The Wolfe man: Benjamin West's Anglo-American accent / Sarah Monks
- Failure to deliver: Watson and the shark and the Boston Tea Party / Jennifer L. Roberts
- Picturesque nostalgia as ironic dislocation: Joshua Shaw's disruptive visions of the Old New World / Kenneth Haltman
- Details of absence: Frederic Church and the landscape of post-emancipation Jamaica / Jennifer Raab
- Troubled abstraction: whiteness in Charles Dana Gibson and George Du Maurier / Jennifer A. Greenhill
- 'In seen and unseen places': the Henry G. Marquand house and collections in England and America / Melody Barnett Deusner
- Camden Town and Ashcan: difference, similarity and the 'Anglo-American' in the work of Walter Sickert and John Sloan / David Peters Corbett
- Losing sight: war, authority, and blindness in British and American visual cultures, 1914-22 / David M. Lubin
- The madness of art: Georgia O'Keeffe and Virginia Woolf / Alexander Nemerov
- 'Strange encounters': Claes Oldenburg's 'proposed colossal monuments' for New York and London / Jo Applin
- David Hockney: a taste for Los Angeles / Cécile Whiting.