IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The little embroiderer =, [mid-19th century?]
The little embroiderer = Die klein Stickerin = La petite brodeuse.
- Additional Title(s):
- [Germany?] : [publisher not identified], [mid-19th century?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 set ; box 19 x 22 x 6 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8806 .L58 Flat AView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The maker is unidentified.
Embroidery kit, likely intended for young girls, in a wooden box. A sliding cover to the box bears the title and a lithographed illustration, hand-colored. The kit comprises eight wooden pieces (plus the box itself), which may be assembled to form a needlework frame/support. Also present in the box is a simple sample of a needlework pattern, on silk, and three lengths of thread.
- Subject Terms:
- Embroidery -- Study and teaching.Needlework -- Study and teaching.
- Recreations -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1850.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.