Black-board drawing / by M. Swannell.
- Additional Title(s):
Black board drawing
- London : Macmillan and Co., Ltd. ; New York : The Macmillan Co., 1896.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 25,  p., XXVII leaves of plates : illustrations ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC865 .S93 1896+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The following course was compiled for the benefit of mothers and teachers who are unable for various reasons to receive a systematic training in this important subject."--Page vi.
Illustrations are printed in white on paper coated black.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 24, p. 667
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original black decorative boards. Label: Christian Knowledge Depôt, 40 John Dalton St., Manchester.
Lessons intended for children, based upon the theories of Pestalozzi and Frobel.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackboard drawing.Christian Knowledge Depôt (Manchester, England) -- Bookplate.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.Pestalozzi, Johann Heinrich, 1746-1827.
- Drawing books.
- Circle patterns
- Objects from the circle
- Oval patterns
- Objects derived from the oval
- Spiral figures
- Common objects
- Leaves, trees
- Legs and arms
- Shaded objects
- Model drawing
- The human figure
- Illustrations for number lessons
- Illustrations for geography lessons
- Illustrations for history lessons.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.