IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Barrington, Richard, Extracts from a journal of a pilgrimage in search of the curious and beautiful in Italy, Sicily, and Greece during the years 1845-46, 1850
Extracts from a journal of a pilgrimage in search of the curious and beautiful in Italy, Sicily, and Greece during the years 1845-46.
- Additional Title(s):
Journal of a pilgrimage through Italy, Sicily, and Greece
- London : Printed for the author, 1850.
London : Bateman and Hardwicke, printers, 14 Clement's Lane, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, , 201,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG426 .B37 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Spine title, on publisher's printed label: "Journal of a pilgrimage through Italy, Sicily, and Greece."
Introduction signed "R.B." Halkett & Laing identify author as Richard Barrington.
Pine-Coffin, R.S. Bibliography of British and American travel in Italy to 1860, 845
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), v. 2, p. 245
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown cloth, with printed spine label.
- Subject Terms:
- Barrington, Richard -- Travel journal.Bateman and Hardwicke -- Printer.Greece -- Description and travel.Italy -- Description and travel.Sicily (Italy) -- Description and travel.
- Etchings -- 1850.
Travel literature -- 19th century.
- Plates: Cliffs, near Terracina
- In the Valley of the Mills, Amalfi
- In the Island of Capri
- Ruins of Temple at Selinunte
- Ruins of largest Temple at Selinunte
- Ruins of Temple of Juno Lucina at Girgenti
- Ruins of Temple of Apollo 'Epicurius at Phigalia
- Ruins of Temple at Nemea
- Ruins of Temple at Corinth.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.