The young artist, [1865?]
- The young artist.
- [England] : J.S., [1865?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC670 .Y68 1865Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Suite of 8 lithographed plates in (4) pairs, with identical lithographed illustrations of flowers on facing pages. The illustration at left in the opening has been hand-colored (by the publisher); the matching image at right is uncolored, for the student to imitate the coloring given at left.
At head of title: "No. [blank]." The first pair of plates are numbered "no. 8"; presumably the present suite was the eighth in the series.
Price twopence: Cover.
Publication date based on a manuscript inscription in the copy in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red illustrated paper wrappers. All of the student's uncolored plates have been hand-colored. Autograph: Constance M. Christian, 1865.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration.Christian, Constance M. -- Autograph, 1865.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.J.S. -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Study and teaching.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.