The young artist's progressive drawing-book of easy subjects, [186-?]
The young artist's progressive drawing-book of easy subjects.
- London : Published by Townsend and Company, [186-?]
- Physical Description:
- parts : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC670 .Y686 1860Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Subjects include animals, flowers, figures, and buildings.
Originally issued in parts, each with four wood-engraved leaves (with multiple subjects per leaf).
Description based on copy at the Yale Center for British Art, which comprises parts 6-8 only.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete: comprises parts 6-8 only. In original parts, in publisher's printed wrappers (part 6 in yellow wrappers; parts 7-8 in blue).
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Townsend and Company -- Publisher.
- Drawings books.
Wood engravings -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.