Homelands , 2013
- Homelands : a 21st century story of home, away and all the places in between : contemporary art from the British Council Collection / curated by Latika Gupta.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Contemporary art from the British Council Collection
- India British Council, 2013
- Physical Description:
- 115 pages : color illustrations, photographs ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN6768.6 .H65 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Exhibition held at : Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, Delhi, Wednesday, January 22 - Thursday, February 14, 2013; The Harrington Street Art Centre, Kolkata, Friday, March 1 - Thursday, March 14, 2013 and the Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum, Mumbai, Sunday, April 28 - Sunday, June 9, 2013 ; Bengaluru, June-July, 2013.
Cutting to the heart of 21st century cultural relations, 'Homelands' grapples with the relationship between self and place in a world of transitory identities and contested geographies. Drawn from the British Council collection, the exhibition offers a unique take on contemporary British art by the Indian curator Latika Gupta.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 21st century.Art, Modern -- 21st century -- Exhibitions.Artists -- Great Britain.British Council -- Art collections -- Catalogs.