Art & visual culture, 1600-1850 : academy to avant-garde / edited by Emma Barker.
- Additional Title(s):
Art and visual culture, 1600-1850 : academy to avant-garde
- London : Tate Publishing ; Milton Keynes : In association with the Open University, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 354 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6756 .A78 2012 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, European -- 17th century.
- Introduction / Emma Barker
- 1. City and country 1660-1760
- Bernini and Baroque Rome / Carol M. Richardson
- Meaning and interpretation: Dutch painting of the golden age / Jason Gaiger
- The metropolitan urban renaissance: London 1660-1760 / Elizabeth McKellar
- The English landscape garden 1680-1760 / Susie West
- 2. New worlds of art 1760-1850
- Painting for the public / Emma Barker
- Canova, Neo-classicism and the sculpted body / Linda Walsh
- The other side of the world / Paul Wood
- Inventing the Romantic artist / Emma Barker.