Holme, George, 1841-1893, Midland Counties Fine Arts and Industrial Exhibition, Derby 1870 , 
Midland Counties Fine Arts and Industrial Exhibition, Derby 1870 : All Saints' Church, Derby.
- Derby [England] : George Holme, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 silk picture : color ; 21 x 5 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK9002.H6 M5 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Visual Materials
- A woven picture, machine-embroidered on silk.
Silk bookmark (or Stevengraph), woven by G. Holme and presumably from the workshop of, or else clearly inspired by, the famous Coventry weaver Thomas Stevens. The present silk souvenir celebrates the Industrial Exhibition held in Derby in 1870, and depicts All Saints' Church in the city. It is a testament to the workingmen's industrial exhibitions movement that flourished in Britain during the 1860s and 1870s.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- England -- Derby -- Exhibitions.Derby (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.Derby Cathedral.Midland Counties Fine Arts & Industrial Exhibition (1870 : Derby, England)Silk pictures -- Specimens.Stevens, Thomas, 1828-1888.
- Embroidery (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.