Lockhart, J. G. (John Gibson), 1794-1854, Ancient Spanish ballads;, 1841
Ancient Spanish ballads; historical and romantic. Translated, with notes, by J. G. Lockhart, esq.
- A new ed., rev. With numerous illustrations from drawings by William Allan, R.A., David Roberts, R.A., William Simson, Henry Warren, C. E. Aubrey, and William Harvey. The borders and ornamental vignettes by Owen Jones, architect.
- London, John Murray, 1841.
- Physical Description:
-  p. ill., col. plates. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPQ6267 E4 B26 1841View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 85
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Advertisements:  p. at end, dated 1841.
BAC : Plates and illustrations engraved by Orrin Smith, S. Williams, H.R. Vizetelly, J.W. Whimper, Folkard, Lee, E. Landells, Y.N., T. Gilks, Gray, Thos. Williams, J. Bastin, Green, Evans, and Thompson.
BAC : "Vizetelly & Co., printers and engravers."
Ornamental borders, part colored; added title, half-titles illustrated in colors; head- and tail-pieces, initials, part. col.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, Spanish.English poetry -- Translations from Spanish.Songs, Spanish.Spanish poetry -- Translations into English.