Repton, Humphry, 1752-1818, The red books of Humphry Repton, 1976
The red books of Humphry Repton.
- London : Basilisk Press, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill., plates (part col.) plans ; 23 x 30 cm.-45 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A S 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Cotswold Collotype Limited; bound by W.T. Morrell and Co.
The author's calling card, reproduced in v. 2-3, originally engraved by T. Medland.
Some plates have overlays, in the manner of an overlay from an original red book; some are mounted.
Title from colphon; each vol. has special title page.
Vols. 1-3 are facsimiles of illustrated mss.
"Five hundred and fifteen sets have been printed ..."
In case (48 cm.) as issued.
Bibliographical notes in v.4.
- Subject Terms:
- Antony House.Country homes -- England.Gardens in art.Landscape architecture -- England.Landscape gardening -- England.Landscapes in art.Sheringham Hall.
- Red books.
- v.1. Plans for Sherringham in Norfolk ... by H. Repton, assisted in the architecture by his son, I. A. Repton.--v.2. Antony House in Cornwall.--v.3. Attingham in Shropshire.--v.4. Malins, E. The red books of Humphry Repton.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.