Lowe, E. J. (Edward Joseph), 1825-1900, Beautiful leaved plants;, 1861
- Beautiful leaved plants; being a description of the most beautiful leaved plants in cultivation in this country; to which is added an extended catalogue. By E. J. Lowe ... assisted by W. Howard, F.H.S. With sixty coloured illustrations.
- London, Groombridge and Sons, 1861.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., ii, 144 p. ill., 60 col. plates. (incl. front.) 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB407 L92 1861Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 97
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : "B. Fawcett, engraver and printer, Driffield."
First issued in parts, 1859-1864.--Cf. Nissen 1247, Pritzel 5642.
The plates are described by Nissen as colored wood engravings by B. Fawcett after A. F. Lydon. A number of the illustrations are signed by Lydon.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Leaves.Plants, Cultivated.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.