Dias, Rosie, 1975-, Exhibiting Englishness , 
Exhibiting Englishness : John Boydell's Shakespeare Gallery and the formation of a national aesthetic / Rosie Dias.
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 274 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm
- Reference LibraryN72.N38 D53 2013 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics, British -- 18th century.Boydell, John, 1720-1804.Nationalism and art -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Shakspeare Gallery.
- Creating a space for English art
- Reynolds, Boydell and Northcote: negotiating the ideology of the English aesthetic
- "The Shakespeare of the canvas": Fuseli and the construction of English artistic genius
- Painting comedy in the Shakespeare Gallery
- Conclusion: beyond the Shakespeare Gallery.