Menu : 22nd, March, 1939 : dinner, 2/6.
- [Great Britain] : [producer not identified], 1939.
- Physical Description:
- 1 menu : illustration ; 21 x 12 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 6Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Menu, completed in typescript, on thick paper bearing a logo for the Craven "A" brand of cigarettes.
The five courses comprise: "Cauliflower soup, hors d'oevres, grape fruit. Fillets of sole au gratin. Roast sirloin of beef, horse-radish sauce, kidney saute & mushrooms, poached eggs on spinach. Roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, sprouts, carrots vichy. Apricot slices, apple fritters."
Knitting pattern, in manuscript, on back of menu.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Cigarettes.Beverages -- Great Britain.Dinners and dining -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Knitting.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.