Boys Clothing House (London, England), The Boys Clothing House, A.B. Joseph & Co. , [approximately 1864?]
The Boys Clothing House, A.B. Joseph & Co. : 150 Regent St., London : Grey St. Newcastle.
- London : The Boys Clothing House, A.B. Joseph & Co., [approximately 1864?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card ; 14 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT635 .B69 1864 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Trade card for the Boys Clothing House, A.B. Joseph & Co (London and Newcastle). With wood-engraved illustrations of boys in jackets, trousers, kilt, and knickerbockers.
"The only house in London established expressly for boys clothing ... economical prices ... country orders punctually attended to. Patterns free on application."
The image on the verso also appeared on page 39 of the advertisements in Debrett's illustrated peerage and baronetage of 1864.
- Subject Terms:
- A.B. Joseph & Co. (London, England)Boys Clothing House (London, England)Children's clothing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing trade -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
Trade cards (advertising)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.