Lawrence & Co. (London, England), Lawrence & Co.'s cheap clothing establishment , [not before 1882]
- Lawrence & Co.'s cheap clothing establishment : 153, Caledonia Road (near the canal bridge).
- [London] : Taylor & Winterbottom, 157 Aldersgate St., [not before 1882]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card ; 13 x 8 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT635 .L39 1882 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Trade card for Lawrence & Co. (London, England). The front of the card bears an illustration of a suited boy, adolescent, and man (respectively priced 4/11, 12/6, and 25/-). The verso of the trade card features an illustration of Cetewayo, King of the Zululand, with caption: "Find Her Majesty the Queen." A hidden image of the head of the Queen, with crown, is revealed when the card is turned upside-down.
The printers Taylor & Winterbottom established an office at 157 Aldersgate St. in 1882.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Children's clothing.Cetewayo, King of Zululand, approximately 1826-1884.Children's clothing -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing trade -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Lawrence & Co. (London, England)Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901
Trade cards (advertising)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.