John R. Purssell & Comp., John R. Purssell & Comp., 20, Ludgate Hill, opposite the Old Bailey , [between 1850 and 1875?]
John R. Purssell & Comp., 20, Ludgate Hill, opposite the Old Bailey : French and Italian ices to-day.
- [London] : John R. Purssell & Comp., [between 1850 and 1875?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 23 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "French, English and Italian confectioners. Dinners, rout and ball suppers provided."
"Soups and jellies, a large assortment of pastry, biscuits, cakes, &c. A large refreshment room for ladies and gentlemen."
With a wood-engraved illustration of the establishment (exterior and interiors) at the top of the sheet.
Printed advertisement/menu for John R. Pursell & Comp., London. The advertisement notes prices for various ices, food, and beverage.
- Subject Terms:
- Beverages -- Great Britain.Confectioners -- Great Britain.Dinners and dining -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Ice cream, ices, etc.Interiors -- Great Britain.John R. Purssell & Comp.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
Wood engravings -- 1850-1875.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.