Zachariah Parkes, Digbeth, Birmingham : manufacturer of steel mills, for grinding malt beans, peas, oats, barley, wheat, indian corn, coffee, pepper, rice, cocoa, almonds, cochineal, indigo, & seeds of all sorts.
- Birmingham : Zachariah Parkes, [between 1820 and 1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustrations ; 14 x 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 12Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Establish'd half a century".
"All mills warranted".
With six engravings, by Smith & Greaves, of various mills manufactured by Zachariah Parks. These include a sugar mill, a mill for grinding malt, beans, peas, oats & barley, a bean mill, a malt mill with muliplying wheel and pinion, a large mill for brewers &c. worked by horse or any other power, grocer mill for grinding coffee, sugar, rice, &c.
Engraved material from the partnership of Smith & Greaves dates to the 1820s and 1830s.
Engraved advertisement for Zachariah Pakes, Birmingham, manufacturer of steel mills.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- England -- London -- 19th century.Inventions -- England -- Birmingham.Machinery -- Great Britain.Mills and mill-work -- England -- Birmingham.Parkes, Zachariah.
Engravings -- 1820-1840.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Parkes, Zachariah, Zachariah Parkes, Digbeth, Birmingham , [between 1820 and 1840?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.