Crosse & Blackwell : purveyors by appointment to the Queen : Soho Square, London.
- London : Crosse & Blackwell, [1876?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : illustration ; 77 x 118 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 13Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Image on the front depicts Memorial Hall, in Philadelphia, from the Centennial International Exhibition of 1876. Printed in color within an ornamental border.
"3 Prize Medals, Paris, 1867."
"2 Grand Medals for Progress, Vienna, 1873".
On verso: "Crosse & Blackwell, purveyors to the Queen. Soho Square, London. Manufacturers of pure pickles, rich sauces for meat, fish & game, potted meats and fish, prepared soups, superior malt vinegar, jams, jellies, and marmalades, and a great variety of table delicacies."
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- Great Britain.Centennial Exhibition (1876 : Philadelphia, Pa.)Crosse & Blackwell.Food -- Great Britain.Food industry and trade -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Trade cards.
Chromolithographs -- 1876.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.