Blanchet, Etienne, Blanchet, artistes capillaires , not before 1866?
Blanchet, artistes capillaires : hair cutter.
- London : Blanchet, not before 1866?
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card ; 19 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD8039.B3 B53 1866 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- "134 Fenchurch Street, first floor."
The London Gazette of September 11, 1866, notes: "The partnership [of] ... Etienne Blanchet and Henry Mazet, carrying on business of hair dressers and perfumers, at no. 135, Fenchurch-Street, in the city of London, was, on the 15th day of August last, dissolved by mutual consent ..." The present trade card probably post-dates the partnership of Blanchet and Mazet.
"Any gentleman requiring to have his hair cut in our establishment, will be wise to leave the artist--a man of consumate experience--full liberty to operate, according to his own judgment ..."
- Subject Terms:
- Barbering -- Great Britain.Barbers -- Great Britain.Blanchet, Etienne.Hairdressing -- Great Britain.
Trade cards (advertising)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.