Freemasons. Chilterns Lodge, No. 4634 (Buckinghamshire, England), Ladies' Festival : Wednesday, 6th November, 1929 : Wharncliffe Rooms, Hotel Great Central, N.W, 1929
Ladies' Festival : Wednesday, 6th November, 1929 : Wharncliffe Rooms, Hotel Great Central, N.W.
- [Buckinghamshire] : Chilterns Lodge, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : illlustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 16Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Program booklet for the Ladies' Festival, held November 6th, 1929, and sponsored by the Chilterns Lodge of Freemasons. Four pages bound in manilla card, with blue cord.
Cover illustration depicts a gentleman in 18th century dress bowing to a lady, also dressed in eighteneeth century garb.
At head of title: The Chilterns Lodge, No. 4634, Province of Bucks. Wor. Brother E.B.H. Chappell, P.M., Worshipful Master.
"Menu: Hors dŒuvre. Native oysters -- Real turtle Madere. Tomato soup -- Sole au Muscatel. Pommes vapeur -- Ris de veau sur croutaille a la Riche. Quenelles truffles. Fonds tomate. Celeri gratin -- Jambon d'York Madere -- Sorbet au Kumel -- Poularde en casserole aux pommes grand 'mere. Salade -- Parfait praline. Petits fours -- Dessert -- Cafe."--Page 2.
"Light refreshments will be served free during the dancing."--Page 2.
Page 3 provides a list of toasts.
"Bro. George E. Roe's Regina Syncopated Orchestra will play during dinner and afterwards for dancing ..."--Page 4.
- Subject Terms:
- Buckinghamshire (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Dinners and dining -- Great Brtain.Food -- Great Britain.Freemasons -- England.Freemasons. Chilterns Lodge, No. 4634 (Buckinghamshire, England)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.