IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Freemasons. Chilterns Lodge, No. 4634 (Buckinghamshire, England), Ladies' Festival : Wednesday, 6th November, 1929 : Wharncliffe Rooms, Hotel Great Central, N.W, 1929
Ladies' Festival : Wednesday, 6th November, 1929 : Wharncliffe Rooms, Hotel Great Central, N.W.
- [Buckinghamshire] : Chilterns Lodge, 1929.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : illlustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 16Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full Orbis Record:
- Program booklet for the Ladies' Festival, held November 6th, 1929, and sponsored by the Chilterns Lodge of Freemasons. Four pages bound in manilla card, with blue cord.
Cover illustration depicts a gentleman in 18th century dress bowing to a lady, also dressed in eighteneeth century garb.
At head of title: The Chilterns Lodge, No. 4634, Province of Bucks. Wor. Brother E.B.H. Chappell, P.M., Worshipful Master.
"Menu: Hors dŒuvre. Native oysters -- Real turtle Madere. Tomato soup -- Sole au Muscatel. Pommes vapeur -- Ris de veau sur croutaille a la Riche. Quenelles truffles. Fonds tomate. Celeri gratin -- Jambon d'York Madere -- Sorbet au Kumel -- Poularde en casserole aux pommes grand 'mere. Salade -- Parfait praline. Petits fours -- Dessert -- Cafe."--Page 2.
"Light refreshments will be served free during the dancing."--Page 2.
Page 3 provides a list of toasts.
"Bro. George E. Roe's Regina Syncopated Orchestra will play during dinner and afterwards for dancing ..."--Page 4.
- Subject Terms:
- Buckinghamshire (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Dinners and dining -- Great Brtain.Food -- Great Britain.Freemasons -- England.Freemasons. Chilterns Lodge, No. 4634 (Buckinghamshire, England)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.