Potter, John (Hatter), Potter, No. 22, Old Bond Street, late foreman to Mr. Breach, hatter to Their Majesties, [approximately 1816]
Potter, No. 22, Old Bond Street, late foreman to Mr. Breach, hatter to Their Majesties.
- London : John Potter, [approximately 1816]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card ; 50 x 82 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTT658 .P68 1816 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Kent's original London directory, 1816, (page 266) lists a John Potter, hatter, at 22 Old Bond Street.
Engraved trade card for John Potter, hatter, embellished with the lion and unicorn crest (royal arms of the United Kingdom).
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing trade -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Hat trade -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Hats -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Millinery -- Great Britain.Potter, John (Hatter)
Trade cards (advertising)
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.