Whitbread and Company, The Harrow, Wateringbury, [between 1949 and 1955]
The Harrow, Wateringbury.
- [Dunstable] : Whitbread & Company Limited, [between 1949 and 1955]
- Physical Description:
- 1 metal card : illustration ; 80 x 60 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 17Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Whitbread's Inn Signs. First series of 50, no. 32. The Harrow, Wateringbury, near Maidstone, Kent. Designed by Marjorie Hulton. Built at the Wateringbury Brewery."--Verso.
In May 1949 Whitbread & Co. Brewery began issuing 2" x 3" plaques featuring pub signs of Kent and the south-eastern portion of Sussex. These were know as Whitbread's Inn Sign Miniatures. Five series of 50 each were produced between 1949 and 1955.
Metal collecting card, printed in color, featuring the pub sign of The Harrow, in Wateringbury, Kent.
- Subject Terms:
- Bars (Drinking establishments) -- Great Britain.Harrow (Wateringbury, England)Signs and signboards.Taverns (Inns) -- Great Britain.Whitbread and Company.
- Advertising cards.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.