Wolstenholme, Joseph (Metalworker), J. Wolstenholme's best Britannia metal, [between 1830 and 1840]
- J. Wolstenholme's best Britannia metal.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Best Britannia metal
- [Sheffield] : J. Wolstenholme, [between 1830 and 1840]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 80 x 80 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Trade card printed on yellow paper with an engraving of Wostenholme's factory in Sheffield. At bottom is noted: "4 BM [i.e. Britannia Metal] Tea Pot, no. 910."
Joseph Wolstenholme, manufacturer of Britannia metal, is listed in the Sheffield directory and guide of 1828 (page 105.) The collections of Museums Sheffield includes a "Bachelor teapot" in Britannia metal, manufactured by Joseph Wolstenholme, dated to between 1830 and 1840.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- England -- Sheffield.Architecture -- England -- Sheffield.House furnishings -- Great Britain.Metal products -- Great Britain.Pewter.Sheffield plate.Teapots -- Great Britain.Wolstenholme, Joseph (Metalworker)
- Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- 1830-1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.