IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Wolstenholme, Joseph (Metalworker), J. Wolstenholme's best Britannia metal, [between 1830 and 1840]
J. Wolstenholme's best Britannia metal.
- Additional Title(s):
Best Britannia metal
- [Sheffield] : J. Wolstenholme, [between 1830 and 1840]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : engraving ; 80 x 80 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Hg 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full Orbis Record:
- Trade card printed on yellow paper with an engraving of Wostenholme's factory in Sheffield. At bottom is noted: "4 BM [i.e. Britannia Metal] Tea Pot, no. 910."
Joseph Wolstenholme, manufacturer of Britannia metal, is listed in the Sheffield directory and guide of 1828 (page 105.) The collections of Museums Sheffield includes a "Bachelor teapot" in Britannia metal, manufactured by Joseph Wolstenholme, dated to between 1830 and 1840.
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- England -- Sheffield.Architecture -- England -- Sheffield.House furnishings -- Great Britain.Metal products -- Great Britain.Pewter.Sheffield plate.Teapots -- Great Britain.Wolstenholme, Joseph (Metalworker)
- Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- 1830-1840.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.