Mr. Ingham, general dealer, Sheffield , [approximately 1840?]
- Mr. Ingham, general dealer, Sheffield : dealer in marine stores, cast-off wearing apparel, &c. &c.
- Sheffield : J. Drake, printer and stereotyper, 37, Broomspring Lane, Sheffield, [approximately 1840?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) ; 19 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHF3514 .M75 1840 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a poem in 10 stanzas describing what articles are resold.
J. Drake was working at this address in 1840. See: Metropolitan Magazine, volume 27, page 91
"Mr. Ingham will call for this bill in two hours, and will bring his horse and cart and purchase any rags and bones or any old clothing you may have got ready and he will give the best price for evrey [sic] article mentioned above."
- Subject Terms:
- Advertising -- England -- Sheffield.Clothing trade.Drake, J., -- Printer.Merchants -- Great Britain -- Poetry.Nautical paraphernalia.Secondhand trade.Used clothing industry.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.