[Billhead of J. Cardno & Co., grocers in Fraserburgh, Scotland, recording purchases by Mr. Cheyne, 1913 : with advertisement for Colman's Mustard].
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of J. Cardno & Co.
- Fraserburgh : J. Cardno & Co., 1913.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 25 x 14 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 27Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Bought of J. Cardno & Co., family grocers, tea, wine & spirit merchants, 9, Commerce Street, Fraserburgh."
The top of the billhead features a large advertisement, printed in black, red, and yellow, for Colman's Mustard, with an illustration of a tin of Colman's Mustard.
Completed in pen and black ink.
The billhead records Cheyn's purchase of peas, mustard, cheese, tea, twine, barley, white pepper and coffee, on six separate visits between January 10 and February 11; the total bill is £-/10/11. Cardno records payment received on February 12, 1913.
- Subject Terms:
- Beverages -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Fraserburgh (Scotland) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Grocers -- Great Britain.J. & J. Colman.J. Cardno & Co. (Fraserburgh, Scotland)Mustard (Condiment) -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
J. Cardno & Co. (Fraserburgh, Scotland), [Billhead of J. Cardno & Co., grocers in Fraserburgh, Scotland, recording purchases by Mr. Cheyne, 1913 , 1913
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.