IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
J. Grossmith & Son, Phul-nana perfume , [ca. 1926?]
Phul-nana perfume : bouquet of Indian flowers.
- London : J. Grossman & Son, distillers of Perfumes, Newgate St. London, [ca. 1926?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 card : illustrations ; 51 x 88 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2341.G7 G76 1926 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Full Orbis Record:
- Scented trade card printed in color. The illustration on the front of the card depicts an Indian woman dancing alone with flowers. A similiar card is in the John Johnson collectection with phrase "Perfume, soap face power, toilet cream" beneath title and a calendar for 1926 printed on the verso with text: "Belfast Cathedral Mission for Flowers, Etc."
Printed on verso: "Please help the National Children's Home to care for 2,500 sick, crippled and destitute childen. All proceeds towards the Young Leaguers' Union. Price one penny. The perfume with which this card is scented can be procured from all chemists, perfumers and stores".
Inscribed, in pen and black ink: "A. Illa. Price."
John Johnson Collection, Labels 5(3a)
- Subject Terms:
- India.J. Grossmith & Son.National Children's Home (Great Britain)Orphanages -- England -- London.Perfume paraphernalia.Perfumed cards.Perfumes -- Great Britain.Perfumes industry -- Great Britain.Young Leaguer's Union (Great Britain)
Trade cards (advertising)
Chromolithographs -- 1926.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.