[Billhead of J. Fallon & Co., fish merchant, Leek, Staffordshire, for purchases made by Mr. Russell, 1887].
- Additional Title(s):
Bot. of J. Fallon & Co., fish, fruit, game & poultry salesmen, oyster merchants, &c. 8, Stockwell Street, Leek.
- Leek : J. Fallon & Co., 1887.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 28 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 30Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Bot. of J. Fallon & Co., fish, fruit, game & poultry salesmen, oyster merchants, &c. 8, Stockwell Street, Leek."
Completed in pen and black ink.
The billhead records the purchase of potatoes, sprouts, herring, cress, sole, chicken, rhubarb, horseradish, rabbit, codfish, oysters, salmon tail, lemon, and apples, on 15 visits by Mr. Russell in February, 1887. The total bill is £ 0/19/3, and John Fallon records payment received on March 14, 1887.
- Subject Terms:
- Fallon, John (Merchant)Fish as food -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.Grocers -- Great Britain.J. Fallon & Co. (Leek, England)Leek (England) -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Meat industry and trade -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
J. Fallon & Co. (Leek, England), [Billhead of J. Fallon & Co., fish merchant, Leek, Staffordshire, for purchases made by Mr. Russell, 1887], 1887
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.