[Billhead of Francis Hordern, chemist, druggist, and grocer, of Cheadle, for purchases made by Thomas Honeyborne, 1823]
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of Francis Hordern, chemist, druggist, and grocer, vender of patent medicines, &c
- Cheadle : Francis Hordern, Nov. 17, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : illustration ; 14 x 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 33Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Cheadle. Bought of Francis Hordern, chemist, druggist, and grocer, vender of patent medicines, &c. Physician's and family prescriptions carefully prepared. Drinks for horses & cows. East India Tea Warehouse."
The buyer is presumably Thomas Honeyborne, of Woodhead Hall, Cheadle.
Completed in pen and black ink.
Engraved billhead, recording the purchase of sugar and cocao by Thomas Honeyborne, on Nov. 7, 1823. The total bill is £ 0/11/8, and Hordern records receipt of payment.
- Subject Terms:
- Beverages -- Great Britain.Cheadle (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Food -- Great Britain.Grocers -- Great Britain.Honeyborne, Thomas.Hordern, Francis.Pharmacists -- Great Britain.Tea -- Great Britain.
Wood engravings -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
Hordern, Francis, [Billhead of Francis Hordern, chemist, druggist, and grocer, of Cheadle, for purchases made by Thomas Honeyborne, 1823], Nov. 17, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.