[Billhead of J. Campbell & Son, fleshers, of Oban, Scotland, for purchases made by the Lorn Combination Poorhouse, 1869-1870].
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of J. Campbell & Son, fleshers.
- Oban : J. Campbell & Son, 1870.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet (4 unnumbered pages) ; 21 x 13 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 35Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "George Street, Oban, [April 25], 186, [Lorn Combination Poor House]. Bought of J. Campbell & Son, fleshers."
Completed in pen and black ink.
Includes a Penny Lilac tax stamp affixed to the second page.
The billhead records 22 transactions between November 1, 1869, and April 22, 1870, totaling £ 40/16/10. Settlement of the bill, with an illegible signature, is recorded on May 4, 1870. Payment is also recorded on the back of the folded sheet.
- Subject Terms:
- Almshouses -- Great Britain.Butchers -- Great Britain.Food -- Great Britain.J. Campbell & Son, (Butchers).Lorn Combination Poorhouse (Oban, Scotland)Meat industry and trade -- Great Britain.Oban (Scotland) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
YCBA Collections Search
J. Campbell & Son, (Butchers), [Billhead of J. Campbell & Son, fleshers, of Oban, Scotland, for purchases made by the Lorn Combination Poorhouse, 1869-1870], 1870
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.