Stokes, Edward (Hatter), Stokes, maker, 52 Cheapside, [approximately 1830?]
Stokes, maker, 52 Cheapside.
- London : Edward Stokes, [approximately 1830?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 trade card : illlustrations ; 50 x 40 mm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHD8039.H3 S76 1830 BoxYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engraved trade card for Edward Stokes, hatter at London.
The registers of St. Mary le Bowe, Cheapside ... (1914), page 97, notes the baptism of Eliza Ann Stokes (on 1836 Oct. 30), daughter of Edward & Elizabeth Stokes, 52 Cheapside, hatter.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Clothing trade -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Hats -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Hatters -- Great Britain.Millinery -- Great Britain.Stokes, Edward (Hatter)
- Trade cards (advertising)
Engravings -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.