[Billheads of Edward Petty and William Wood, grocers, of London, for purchases made by Colonel Alexander Campbell, 1822]
- Additional Title(s):
Bought of Edwd. Petty & Wm. Wood, grocers & tea dealers, 53, Threadneedle Street
- London : Edward Petty & William Wood, 1822
- Physical Description:
- 3 sheets ; 17 x 21 cm, 13 x 21 cm, and 11 x 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 36Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "[Alexr. Campbell] London [January 22nd, 1822]. Bought of Edwd. Petty & Wm. Wood, grocers & tea dealers, 53, Threadneedle Street. Fish sauce, pickle, oil, & Italian warehouse."
Completed in pen and black ink.
Three billheads recording purchases made by Colonel Alexander Campbell from Edwd. Petty & Wm. Wood. The first billhead, made out to "Alexr. Campbell" and dated "January 22nd, 1822" records the purchase of 1 loaf of sugar, totaling £ 0/12/0. The second, made out to "Colonel Campbell" and dated "14 Feby 1822" records the purchase of ginger, limes, dates, orange peel, prunes, raisins, and almonds, totaling £ 1/12/0. Receipt of payment is recorded by R. Robinson, on 15 Feb. The third, made out to "Col. Campbell" and dated 19th Feby. 1822," records the purchase of nutmeg, cloves, mace, cinnamon, allspice, white pepper, sugar, rice, vermicelli, and macaroni, totaling £ 2/16/1.
- Subject Terms:
- Campbell, Alexander, active 1822.Edward Petty & William Wood, (Grocers)Food -- Great Britain.Fruit trade -- Great Britain.Grocers -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Spices -- Great Britain.Tea -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Petty & William Wood, (Grocers), [Billheads of Edward Petty and William Wood, grocers, of London, for purchases made by Colonel Alexander Campbell, 1822], 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.