Billhead of Battle-Bridge Brewhouse, London, for purchases made by Mr. Gibbs, 1808.
- Additional Title(s):
Battle-Bridge Brewhouse, Maiden-Lane, Islington
- London : Battle-Bridge Brewhouse, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ; 11 x 15 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Fo 39Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- "Battle-Bridge Brewhouse, Maiden-Lane, Islington. Received this [23d] day of [Feby.] 180, of Mr. [Gibbs] the sum of [five] shillings, for [(illegible) of table] beer. For William Tidd, [J. Hansell (?)]."
"You are requested not to pay without a printed receipt. Please to order the drayman to take away the empty cask."
The reverse notes receipt of payment on February 23, 1808.
Printed form, completed in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Battle-Bridge Brewhouse (London, England)Beer -- Great Britain.Beverages -- Great Britain.Breweries -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Tidd, William.
- Receipts (financial records)
YCBA Collections Search
Battle-Bridge Brewhouse (London, England), Billhead of Battle-Bridge Brewhouse, London, for purchases made by Mr. Gibbs, 1808, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.